DEALER RESELLER AGREEMENT
CONTRACT BETWEEN SMILE BRIGHT STORE AND DEALER
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1ST, 2019
Authorized Reseller Status is provided by Smile Bright Store to “Dealer” based solely on Dealer’s compliance with Smile Bright Store Terms and Conditions contained in this document. By purchasing Smile Bright Store products for resale, Dealer enters into a contract with Smile Bright Store that is governed by these Reseller Agreement Terms and Conditions.
Smile Bright Store standard invoice terms and conditions shall apply to all product purchases. Nothing contained in any purchase order or other correspondence between Smile Bright Store and Dealer will modify or add to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
Any Dealer failing to comply with this Resale Policy will face immediate termination of its account, revocation of its Authorized Reseller status, and/or further legal action. Violations of this Resale Policy or other Smile Bright Store policies may be reported to the Smile Bright Store corporate headquarters at Smile Bright Store, Attn: Compliance, 4490 Von Karman Ave, Suite 150, Newport Beach, CA 92660.
This version of the Resale Policy is effective as of January 1st, 2019 and supersedes all prior versions.
SECTION A - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AUTHORIZED RESELLER STATUS ON ONLINE MARKETPLACES
- Subject to the Restrictions below, Dealer shall have a non-exclusive right to sell the Products via the Authorized Sales Channels stipulated below.
- “Authorized Sales Channels” shall include: (i) Dealer’s own physical store locations; (ii) Dealer’s temporary storefronts at events and tradeshows; (iii) catalog and (iv) Dealer’s own website(s).
- Dealer SHALL NOT promote, market, advertise, offer to sell or sell any Smile Bright Store product on or through any online marketplace or auctions service including, but not limited to Amazon.com (.ca, .uk, .de, .fr, .it, .es), Ebay.com, Walmart.com, Jet.com, Buy.com, Craigslist.com, Newegg.com, Overstock.com, and Rakuten.com.
- Reselling Smile Bright Store products on a website(s) that attempts to use Smile Bright Store trademark in whole or in part as the website domain is prohibited.
- Reselling Smile Bright Store products on a website(s) that contains only Smile Bright Store branded products is prohibited.
- All products must be advertised for sale at the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) or higher.
- Smile Bright Store reserves the right to terminate existing business relationships or refuse to sell to dealers who misrepresent information on the new account form.
- If required, Smile Bright Store can terminate the account without any possibility of reinstatement and require that all company inventory in dealer’s possession be returned within 7 business days following account termination.
- Smile Bright Store reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual or entity found guilty of violating the terms of the dealer reseller agreement.
Smile Bright Store supports authorized sales of its products except on Online Marketplaces and Restricted Websites as noted above. Smile Bright Store actively participates in the Amazon.com Brand Registry Program and similar programs to prevent the advertising and sale of unauthorized, unlicensed, infringing, and/or counterfeit merchandise. Any unauthorized sales of Smile Bright Store products on Amazon, eBay or other sites will be removed as they are discovered. Ads from online sellers offering any auctions or advertising sales will also be regularly removed or taken down.
SECTION B - PRODUCT QUALITY AND CUSTOMER CARE
Product Storage and Handling
Dealers shall exercise due care in storing and handling the Products and shall store the Products in accordance with any directions on Product labels or other storage guidelines specified by Smile Bright Store from time to time.
Promptly upon receipt of the Products, Dealer shall inspect the Products for damage, defect, evidence of tampering, or other non-conformance (a “Defect”). If any Defect is identified, Dealer must not offer the Product for sale and must promptly report the Defect to Smile Bright Store at email@example.com.
Product Packaging and Display
Dealer shall sell Products in their original packaging. Relabeling, repackaging (including the separation of bundled Products or the bundling of Products), and other alterations to Products or their packaging are not permitted. Tampering with, defacing, or otherwise altering any serial number, UPC code, batch or lot code, or other identifying information on Products or their packaging is prohibited. Dealer may not remove, translate, or modify the contents of any label or literature on or accompanying the Products. Dealer shall not advertise, market, display, or demonstrate non-Smile Bright Store products together with the Products in a manner that would create the impression that the non-Smile Bright Store products are made by, endorsed by, or associated with Smile Bright Store.
Dealer is granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the Smile Bright Store brands, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, copyrights, and other intellectual property associated with the Products (the “Smile Bright Store IP”) solely for the purposes of marketing and selling the Products as set forth herein. This license will cease upon termination of Dealer’s status as a Dealer. Smile Bright Store reserves the right to review and approve, in its sole discretion, Dealer’s use or intended use of the Smile Bright Store IP at any time, without limitation. Dealer acknowledges that it owns no right, title, or interest in any of the Smile Bright Store IP except as granted herein.
- Dealer agrees that any breach by Dealer of the Terms and Conditions set forth in this agreement will injure Smile Bright Store and its reputation and relationship with its other dealers to an extent that will be difficult, if not impossible, to quantify.
- In view of the difficulty to quantify the damage to Smile Bright Store should Dealer breach any provisions of the terms and conditions of sale, Dealer agrees that Smile Bright Store shall be entitled to liquidated damages equal to Dealer’s gross profits earned from the sale of Smile Bright Store products using selling practices that are in violation of the terms of this agreement.
- Dealer and Smile Bright Store agree that the Liquidated Damages set forth in this section are in addition to any and all other remedies for breach of contract to which Smile Bright Store may be entitled under the applicable laws.
SECTION C - MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICING (MAP) POLICY
Smile Bright Store actively supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its retailers and distributors through materials provided by Smile Bright Store at no or nominal cost. Given Smile Bright Store strong reputation for providing consumers with high value products and to further enhance Smile Bright Store image and competitiveness in the marketplace, Smile Bright Store is instituting a MAP policy for all its products, effective immediately. The MAP policy will apply to all U.S., Canadian, and European retailers and distributors.
- The MAP for all Smile Bright Store products shall be listed in the current Wholesale Price List.
- The MAP may be revised by Smile Bright Store at its sole discretion by providing no less than 7 days advance written notice communicating the changes in writing to all of its retailers and distributors without exception.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertising of Smile Bright Store products in any and all media including, but not limited to, catalogs, flyers, posters, coupons, brochures, mailers, inserts, newspapers, websites, magazines, online, television, and radio.
- The inclusion in advertising of “free” or “discounted” products with a product covered by the MAP policy would be considered a violation of the policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price below what is required by the MAP policy.
- Free shipping and/or handling, 0% sales tax, or free financing promotions do not violate the MAP Policy.
- Pricing listed on any Internet site, regardless of whether it is an e-commerce site or not, is considered “advertised price” and must adhere to the MAP policy.
- Price matching policies are acceptable. Price matching cannot be used as a valid reason for violations of Smile Bright Store MAP policy. Advertised price must always be at MAP or higher.
- MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are offered for sale or sold to individual consumers via personal communication channels like email or over the phone.
- Smile Bright Store MAP policy does not establish maximum advertised prices therefore resellers of Smile Bright Store products may sell any of its products at any price in excess of the MAP established for those products.
- Smile Bright Store may, at its sole discretion, discontinue products or engage in promotions with respect to certain products. In these cases, Smile Bright Store reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP policy with respect to the affected products by notifying all dealers and distributors of such change.
- Neither Smile Bright Store sales personnel or any other unauthorized employees has the authority to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP policy. Please direct all questions or comments regarding the MAP policy in writing to the policy administrator at:
Smile Bright Store
4490 Von Karman Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92660
- Smile Bright Store reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the MAP policy, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion and to communicate these changes to all its resellers in writing either by posting it on its website or via email.
SECTION D: FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH MAP POLICY
- In the event a dealer or distributor is found guilty of violating the MAP policy, Smile Bright Store reserves the right to terminate the dealership or distributorship arrangement with no notice and require dealer to return all Smile Bright Store products in its possession immediately. Smile Bright Store will not entertain business relationships with individuals and entities whose actions compromise the perceived value of Smile Bright Store and its products.
- Smile Bright Store reserves the right to monitor the advertised price of its resellers either directly or via the use of monitoring services provided by third-party agencies. The policy administrator shall be solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP policy has occurred, communicating decisions regarding sanctions when the policy is violated to resellers, and reviewing any communication received from the reseller regarding action taken in response to the violation.
SECTION E: AUTHORIZED DEALER WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS
- At Smile Bright Store, we are committed to the highest level of materials and workmanship. When purchased from an authorized dealer, all our products are 100% guaranteed against manufacturing and material defects. This Guarantee and subsequent warranty will be extended only to the original end-use purchaser and shall not be extended or transferred to any other person or transferee. All Smile Bright Store products purchased from an authorized dealer are guaranteed for a period of two years from the date of purchase. Items will be replaced at the discretion of Smile Bright Store. If a replacement product is unavailable or discontinued, a comparable product will be substituted.
- This warranty does not cover defects or damage arising from improper use or maintenance, accident or external causes. Unauthorized use of your product voids this warranty.
- When Smile Bright Store has deemed it necessary to provide a replacement, Smile Bright Store will cover return shipping to all addresses within the United States and Canada. For international orders, customers will be responsible for all shipping charges. All products covered under warranty will be replaced free of charge.